Drive the expansion of financial services guaranteeing that M-Pesa has relevant impact in the financial inclusion agenda in Mozambique
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Identify and validate opportunities for financial services in the M-Pesa portfolio.
- Guarantee customer centricity in the design of new financial services in M-Pesa’s product portfolio
- Develop and maintain business cases for the M-Pesa financial service portfolio guaranteeing that the core products have an associated financial impact.
- Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and enhancements to the current product portfolio across all disciplines involved in the process.
- Define the Product Strategy for M-Pesa’s financial services
- Guarantee that the M-Pesa financial services are aligned with the business context and vision;
Key performance indicators:
- Timely delivery of agreed core product roadmap.
- New product usage OKRs relative to business case (unique users, number of transactions, revenue, etc.)
- Net Promoter Score leadership in the Mobile Money categories of: “range of products and services”, “ease of use of services on mobile”, “simple and easy”, “offers something different”, and “understands your needs”
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Customer Centricity – Ability to empathize with the customer guaranteeing that the products being built are aligned with the business context
- Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions. Expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
- Presentation and communication skills – written and oral.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure;
- Project management certification and experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
- Strong planning and networking skills.
- Ability to draft product requirement documents and business cases.