The key responsibility of a Configuration Engineer within M-Pesa Technology and Operations domain is to build product flows and logic based on technical solution designs.Working as a Configuration Engineer, you will be supporting the delivery of technical solutions that meet the M-Pesa business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the Global reference and Vodafone Group’s best standards.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Work in close cooperation with Solution Architects to build the service logic based on high and low level technical designs;
- Technical risk/issue ownership and management/resolution during solution delivery;
- Collaborate with SCRUM master/Project Manager and members of Agile squad to ensure timely and accurate delivery of requirements;
- To ensure that deliverables developed meet the business requirements and quality standards;
Key performance indicators :
- Does the delivered solution meet the Company’s quality standards?
- Were the assigned tasks delivered on time?
- Does the delivered solution meet business and technical requirements?
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Financial services experience;
- A desire to make a difference and a proven willingness for continuous learning ;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (essential)
- A problem solving mind-set utilising technology;
- Technical knowledge in: Unix based Oss (Admin level), Database Operations and Administration (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Unix based systems, JSON and SOAP APIs, Cryptographic algorithms, IP Networks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, methods and frameworks. i.e. Scrum or Kanban (essential);
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in IT or related field (essential);
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification or CompTIA Security+ (desirable);