As a Project Manager, you will work together with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects and other members of our technology team to facilitate the delivery of a best-in-class product to our customers.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Ensure delivery of technology projects as per agreed scope and within timelines;
- Conduct regular project review meetings to ensure projects and initiatives remain on track;
- Compile and maintain all relevant project documentation required as per project delivery methodology (e.g. project charter, user requirements specifications, project plan and reports );
- Ensure all relevant project documentation (in accordance with Project Delivery Strategy) are timeously loaded and available on M-Pesa’s internal central data repository;
Key performance indicators:
- Are the project requirements being delivered with the expected level of quality and within the expected timelines?
- Are there any audit findings against project delivery governance?
- Is the management always up-to-speed with respect to the status of all active projects under your supervision?
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- GSM and e-commerce knowledge
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (required)
- Strong analytical, technical, planning and negotiation skills (required)
- Project Management, communication and presentation skills (desirable)
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Budgeting, cost control and risk management experience (desirable)
- Solid organisation skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
- Experience working with JIRA or similar;
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in IT, Project Management, Business Management or similar
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, co-ordinate, control and communicate tasks as per requirement
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Power Point, Visio, Project, SharePoint etc.)