The Tax Manager will be based in Maputo, Mozambique office and will be responsible for tax planning, negotiation with Tax Authorities and Government of Mozambique on tax purposes and tax advisor for the management of the project in coordination with the Corporate tax team in head office.
Tax manager responsibilities include also managing and overseeing the daily operations of the tax department. Monitoring and analyzing tax data, produce tax declarations and enforcing proper tax methods, policies and principles.
This position provides tax support for the Mozambique LNG project. If the need arises, responsibilities may include other countries, as well. International tax planning strategy in coordination with the Corporate tax team in head office.
- Negotiate and liaise with Tax Authorities and/or Government of Mozambique in obtaining new tax rulings for relevant tax matters in the more-complex unitization environment;
- Tax advisor for all the new project agreements (impact analysis, recommendations, source of proposals) and for the coming years work closely with the commercial team on the next agreements for future LNG trains;
- Monitor development and analyze changes in Mozambique’s tax codes and regulations;
- Manage Mozambique to Mozambique transfer pricing requirements;
- Engage with Tax Authority to obtain agreement in matters subject to settlement;
- Control strategy for withholding tax due in connection with the ENH Funding Agreement (for Golfinho-Atum);
- Supervise Mozambique Tax Authority’s tax audit process; resolution of resulting tax-controversy – in coordination with Total SA’s wider tax planning;
- Manage and control the filing of timely and accurate corporate income tax returns for Total EP Mozambique Area 1, and for Mozambique resident special purpose entities (MoFCo, TerminalCo etc.);
- Plan, implement and oversee overall tax strategy;
- Oversee all processes for withholding tax;
- Oversee the various Mozambique VAT returns and engagement with the Mozambique Tax Authority to facilitate timely reimbursement of Mozambique VAT;
- Oversea the timely payment of Mozambique stamp duty, through direct liaison with Borrower Special Purpose Entities, based on the draw-down of funds and accrual of interest;
- Provide technical support on of customs duty and import VAT to the Logistics Teams, representing Total EP Mozambique Area 1 on importation taxes disputes with the Mozambique Tax Authority;
- Manage timing and amount of tax amortization to optimize cash tax outflows;
- Internal reporting, quarterly and at year-end, including local deferred tax calculations;
- Support Maputo HR with payroll and benefits related tax questions;
- Represent Total EP Mozambique Area 1 at AMOPI meetings (Associacao Mozambicana de Operadores Petroliferos Internacionais);
- Managing the Tax team, consisting with 2 Personnel;
- Team Mentoring/Coaching;
- Ensure the team is in compliance with company policy and procedures.
Context and environment
75 TCF of recoverable Natural Gas Ranks Mozambique in top 15 countries in recoverable gas resource.
- Degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting, with experience in Mining or Oil and Gas industries;
- Proven working experience as Tax Manager;
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including vendors;
- Excellent Knowledge of generally accepted Accounting and Tax principles, GAAP, IFRS and PGC-NIRF;
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-culture and multi-disciplinary team;
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.
Job Expires: 04-Apr-2020