Job Profile Summary
The Maintenance & Projects Manager role will be expected to provide a national leadership and support in the area of Depots and sales engineering disciplines in Moz. This will require the systematic review of the plant/depots, distribution/dealer sites’ S&H and Engineering compliance to Group standards, aimed at maintaining safe and efficient S&H operations across the Logistics depot and distributer dealer network and in a systematic approach constantly evaluating and closing out any gaps.
Experience & Expertise (Typical educational qualification & experience)
1. Educational background
- Honour Degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
2.Experience (years and nature)
- 10 – 15 years Industry related experience, 5 of those with similar portfolio
- At least 5 years field experience.
- English language required
- Driving License
- Mozambique nationality ( preferred)
- Familiar with API and other industry standards and practices (preferred);
- Demonstrated Project Management skills (required);
- Management experience (preferred);
- Work in ways that achieve remarkable performance;
- Work with others to make a real difference;
- Make informed and effective decisions;
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong team player with well developed interpersonal skills;
- Understanding Oil industry business will be desirable;
- Performance management techniques will be desirable;
- Planning and Organising skills;
- Ability to create innovative solutions to business challenges;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent MS Excel skills are required.
Primary Role Accountabilities
- Provide effective leadership and support to the Moz engineering field operations in the Retail, C&I and Logistics and to ensure that BP’s standards and policies are complied with;
- Focus on safe and efficient Logistics operations, supported through Group standards, specifically the integrity management standard. The Moz Sales and Logistics Engineering resources will report to this role and the external resources will be deployed through this role;
- This role will be responsible for the systematic recording of all Sales and Logistics assets into the maintenance and inspection system, Maximo, and will maintain these records – updating them when new assets are deployed into the depots/ Retail Sites or removed at the end of the assets life cycles;
- The role will furthermore be responsible for executing the preventative maintenance and planned inspections of all Logistics depot and distribution network assets according to set standards, as well as manage any repairs and breakdown engineering work, either through internal resources, or accredited external contractors;
- The role will be the focal point for all Sales and Logistics infrastructure and depot engineering projects. The role will be responsible, through appointed project managers/ engineers, to oversee the safe, timeous and within budget delivery of these projects.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.bpglobal.com.
Expiration date: April 16, 2020