In charge of managing Puma Finance Managers, representing the Group CFO in the region and ensuring that finance functions in the countries are properly organized, perform according to Group standards and are compliant with requirements. Business partner of the Regional Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- In Country Fuels Supplier Management and Price Structure items charges review (imo commission, Intertek fees, discharge fees, demurrages, CFM
- Retrieval of the Customs Duties Certification handled by Imopetro Clearance agent
- Check and validation of the customs duties certification (Certificate amounts v the Tax invoice, product received /quantities dispatched, Exchange rate used and BOL)
- Offshore manual payments monitoring of key suppliers (requiring Customs duties clearance and validate Tax invoices)
- Check and monitor the prepayments made to Offshore Vendors within the commercial banks to keep Puma/ Petro
- Beira in Compliance visa vi the Foreign Exchange control Law
- Coordinate the Swaps of the Cash funds (Positive balance to Banks with overdraft facilities) by issuing the transfers “letters of instructions” during the course of the month and at month end. Swaps by
EAF and instructions letters by Country
- Various Forex related vouchers Scanning to Mumbai Team on daily basis
- Write payment cheques to Tax Authorities on Special Tax (every month end 20th of each Month)
- Write payment cheques to Customs Duties every month end (requires Sales volumes reports confirmed by National Direction of Fuels, Customs duties certificates issued by Customs Duties agents for all Terminal locations Matola, Beira , Nacala plus the 7 Aviation airports for domestic sales
- OD Facilities documentation update with the commercial banks whenever the facilities reach it’s anniversary (BCI, FNB, SB and Banco Unico)
- Monitor through the Bank all direct payments instructed by Imopetro related to CFM port fees, Product receptions, Inspections charges, Imopetro Commissions, Making fees, etc – all related to the official price structure.
- Secure two Approvals for all payments being A (Country Manager, Finance Manager) and B (Safety Manager, Commercial Manager).
- Serve as back up to the Country Buyer and general Accountant whenever they goes on leave or other absences.
- Graduated or and 1 to 2 year experience in similar positions. Experience in general accounting and financial analysis or budget
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Fluent in English
- Computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Audit experience is preferred in public accounting or internal audit.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strongly organized and structured
- Open Mind
- Good analytical skills but able to highlight main trends/ facts
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Department Managers, General Manager and Finance Manager
- External – Statistics institutes