8 abril, 2020
- Job Advert
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an Office Manager to deliver effective administrative, executive and office management support to the senior management and wider team in Mozambique. This role will be based in Maputo.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Officer Manager will provide effective and efficient support to the Country Director and Deputy Country Director (CD & DCD) to ensure smooth operational delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and information management assistance to the CD and DCD, as well as the wider team through effective office management. Role specifics include;
- Provide executive and administrative support to CD and the DCD.
- Support for meetings as and when required by the CD and the DCD, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Communicating important updates and information to the Mozambique office as required by the CD and DCD
- Line Manage the Office Assistant and Maputo office driver
- Supporting the DCD in managing the office health, safety and security:
- Manage the office environment, overseeing general maintenance of the office with the support of the Office Assistant.
- Manage applicable budget lines, including office expenses, supplies, stationery and entertainment.
You will have experience working in an office environment, preferably within an NGO or similar international organisation. You must have experience in logistics, administration or office management and have provided support to senior managers, either as an Executive or Administrative Assistant. This role is essential to the effective running of the Mozambique office so you will be a confident self-starter who has experience in developing and implementing new processes to achieve efficiencies.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 13th April 2020. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of ths closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate
- Job Description
- Closing Date: 13 Apr 2020