Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. We have a great opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced applicant. Key Purpose Statement The primary role of the process operator is operation of the process area according to work instructions, the execution of destructive and non-destructive quality checks and carrying out of autonomous maintenance. The process operator has a primary focus on the quality control activities of the team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Operating and Process Control Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analysis work practice. Recording waste on the appropriate documentation or information systems, and reviewing waste trends to identify and resolving problems or opportunities timeously;
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and completing all short interval control documentation. Resolving out of control situations Responding rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that result in stoppages. Appropriate problem solving approaches, as detailed in the problem solving work practice must be followed. Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices;
- Identifying and correcting unsafe work practices Carrying out flavor and size changeovers according to the work instructions Assisting fellow team members in the execution of their tasks. Maintenance of Plant and Equipment Carrying out deep cleaning, lubrication and inspection of machines according to the work instructions, and following the schedules supplied by the maintenance planner;
- Carrying out autonomous maintenance activities according to the work instructions, and following the maintenance schedule. Conduct breakdown maintenance tasks Supporting the process artisan in carrying out maintenance on shift;
- Quality Control and Analysis Carrying out quality checks and analysis as per the quality procedures Recording the results of quality checks on the relevant documentation or information system;
- The references to the required documentation or information system are contained in the quality procedures Calibrating required quality control equipment according to work instruction and requesting assistance from the core lab where required Conducting trends analysis on quality data to identify problems and opportunities timeously;
- Identifying and correcting identified quality problems using the appropriate techniques. If they are unable to resolve the problem themselves, it must be escalated to the team leader for further direction.
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum requirement: Matric (High School Leaving Diploma) with Maths & Science Added advantage: Computer and technical skills Experience All aspects of packaging operations and process control in process area.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit ccba.erecruit.co.
Expiration date: May 15, 2020