22 maio, 2020
Role purpose: Vodacom Mozambique is looking for a dynamic, talented and results driven Technology Lead for the E-Commerce operation. The appointed person will own the E-commerce platform development, its supporting infrastructure and manage the developers in various roles to deliver on the desired customer experience for Bazara. The role is ideal for individuals with a start-up mindset, problem-solving skills and drive for continuous improvement
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Own the E-Commerce Marketplace platform and it’s supporting infrastructure
• Responsible for the technology team (mobile, frontend, full stack) and their effectiveness in delivering company goals.
• Create and implement agile processes to ensure smooth delivery of features and projects with the team and resources available.
• Deliver customer experience improvements on the platform frontend and backend with inputs from admins, maintainers, users and vendors
• Maintain tidiness of codebase and architecture. Keep technical debt in check
• Build for scalability, high availability and failover recovery
• Create and own the development roadmap and coordinate delivery with the team available.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Practical, hands-on problem solving approach
• Good people management and coordination skills in a technology first team.
• Strong working knowledge of agile delivery, systems architectures and Web technologies (PHP, SQL, JS, HTML, CSS).
• Intimate knowledge and experience with Magento and MVC Frameworks.
• Good development practices (Docs, Composer, Version Control, Automated tests, branch based development)
• Magento development experience
• Knowledge of setting up supporting infrastructure for web apps (Nginx, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Varnish, Load Balancing)
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Informatics, or similar
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a senior developer with proven track record
• Tertiary qualification and certifications (advantage)
Travel: As deemed necessary for training, conferences, customer feedback
Key performance indicators
• Agile Delivery Metric (Sprint Yield, Flow, Velocity, Burn down)
• Delivery of improvements per sprint
• Site performance metrics
• Uptime 99.9%.