African Parks is a non-profit organization that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
In December 2017 we embarked on our first partnership with the Mozambique Government. This was a true milestone for our portfolio, which absorbed one of the great jewels along Africa’s coastline on the Indian Ocean – Bazaruto Archipelago – the first marine reserve to come under our management. Our shared vision is to see this exquisite coastal ecosystem revitalised as one of Africa’s leading and most productive marine protected areas and a thriving tourism destination.
HR Strategy, Leadership and Coordination
- Assist Parks Managers implementing best practices of Human Resources management in BANP;
- Ensure that HR issues are given full consideration in all decision making
- Work with PMUs to develop appropriate human resource policies and standards to ensure effective, fair and equitable management of employees throughout the organisation;
- Monitor compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in all activities in Human Resources as per local labour laws and APN Standards of Operations;
- Provide advice, information and support to Parks Manager, line managers and employees on HR policies and procedures in line with best practice;
- Focus on the continuous improvement of HR processes and procedures;
- Promote good practices of staff health, hygiene and safety in both parks;
- Prepare reports for management in relation to employee turnover; new hires; resignations; training and development etc.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Ensure that talent acquisition standards in BANP are maintained at the highest practicable level and are professional and rigorous;
- Executes talent retention and succession planning initiatives
- Support, communicate, train and advise the management team on recruitment initiatives and interviewing techniques.
- Support, communicate and advise senior management on their talent development initiatives
- Coordinate recruitment with external service suppliers and APN Head Office
Administration, Compliance and Organisational Design
- Ensure legal compliance in admin functions such as work permit registration and visas for all Expatriate working for BANP;
- Maintains personnel files, updates and check on them regularly;
- Ensure to operates the Electronic Payroll system correctly and updating the database when necessary;
- Ensure to register presence on a daily bases and to manage the leave days of all employees;
- Ensures up to date employment policy in line with local legislation and APN HR Manual are in place;
- Ensure collaboration with the Government Institutions for the Government employees, in line with what it is required in the specific sector;
- Organisation charts up dated regularly.
Compensation and Benefits
- Recommend updates to BANP on benefits that ensure organizational competitiveness in local talent markets, deliver flexibility and creativity to employees which are cost-effective for African Parks;
- Implement compensation policies and benefit programs including annual salaries and benefits review where applicable.
Training and development
- Work in line with African Parks, national/global resources to promote and arrange delivery of training that is directly relevant and beneficial to the operations;
- Manage the annual training and development plan and budget and ensure that all individual training plans are followed up.
- Coordinate the performance management of employees including job description formulation, assessments and promotions;
- Implement performance appraisals, training and feedback;
- Coordinate with the Government Institutions for the performance appraisal of the Government employees.
- Maintain industrial harmony amidst the workforce.
- Ensure quick resolution of grievances and disciplinary matters.
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed for the job
- HR Management Diploma and/or Public Administration Diploma with specialization in Management of HR;
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of progressive HR professional experience;
- Broad knowledge and experience in labour law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development;
- Practical experience in electronic payroll systems;
- Good leadership and people management skills;
- Fluent in Portuguese. Knowledge of English will be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethic and grounding of discretion and confidentiality
- Good team player and experience in management teams
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 June 2020.