The Senior General Finance Manager is responsible for the provision of excellent knowledge and influences the Finance strategy and the delivery of finance activities for the designated business function, to support business objectives. The Senior General Finance Manager manages a team of Finance Business Partner professionals who provide finance advice and partner with the business and Finance Centres of Expertise (COEs) to provide insight to support decision-making and planning. Typically reports to the Head of General Finance.
* Influences strategic decision making related to building forecasts, financial plans and reflecting efficient use of financial resources in order to achieve financial targets aligned to business objectives;
* Leads the delivery of the financial controls and governance activities and drives cost efficiencies, in alignment with and support for business objectives,;
* Uses advanced analytical thought and assists in business insights, providing excellent finance acumen to support internal customers with financial evaluations;
* Manages a team of Finance BP professionals, and ensures that they deliver first class financial expertise to business units to assist with strategic financial decisions and operations maximising value, the return on resources and investment;
* Builds solid relations and works closely with stakeholders and business units and acts as the key interface between Finance and other Vodafone functions;
* Supports internal negotiations at a senior level, informing and educating business units on financial governance principles, and ensures compliance to Vodafone financial policies;
* Provides decision support to leadership teams through commercial analysis of results and underlying trends, identifying and quantifying risks and opportunities to latest projections;
* Has a very good understanding of finance process challenges and helps making recommendations for improvements ensuring that these are fully implemented by all Finance Business Partners;
* May have accountability for managing, controlling and monitoring budget through insightful analysis and following up remedial actions;
Accounting – FinOps.