Role Purpose: Responsible for planning, leading and organizing multi-disciplinary technology project teams with the objective to deliver high quality projects that provide exceptional business value to both internal and external customers.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include implementation from initiation to deployment for one or more medium to complex projects simultaneously;
• Manage CAPEX & OPEX planning and execution within the agreed project timelines (as per agreed projects).
• Compile and maintain all relevant project documentation required as per project delivery methodology (e.g. project charter, user requirements specifications, project plan and reports );
• Active participation in establishing practices, templates, policies and tools contributing for efficient project management controls and improve projects delivery.
• Manage internal customer expectations across all levels by establishing credibility, ensure appropriate reporting, build consensus among key stakeholders and achieve the main objectives.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Solid analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands;
• Strong oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level;
• Time management skills and the ability to perform tasks skilfully under pressure to meet deadline;
• Knowledge of Project Management Principles and/or understanding of Business Analysis Principles and Techniques ;
• Ability to speak English and Portuguese;
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Relevant degree in Information Systems Technology;
• 5+ years of experience in managing medium to complex technology projects in traditional methodology;
• 1+ years of budgeting and financial management experience (desirable);
• GSM Knowledge (desirable);
• PMP or equivalent certification (desirable).
• Agile PM methodology knowledge (desirable);
Key performance indicators
• Percentage yield of successful projects launched on (or before) the agreed timeline as per scope and within budget;
• Alignment and Compliance to the Vodacom’s Project Management Framework and budget management principals;
• Ensure minimal findings against project delivery governance when conducted by internal audit on projects delivered;