9 julho, 2020
The position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique with regular travel to the field including to the two operational bases in Beira and Tete, Mozambique. The Operations Manager will report to the Head of Country Office.
This Position Will Focus On
This position will manage the Cyclone Idai & Kenneth operation for the IFRC, focusing on the recovery and transition to longer term plan.
- Support Program Delegates in the implementation of sectoral plans, according to the targets defined in the EPoA;
- Ensure EPoA sound financial and logistics management and accountability, with effective allocation of resources;
- Working closely with CVM to ensure the operation is aligned with the longer-term program vision of the national society and support the development of CVM´s country strategy;
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports, invest on evaluations to demonstrate the impact of the operations and the recovery approach.
- Liaise with movement partners (CVM, PNSs, ICRC) for coordination and effective use of resources and expertise, fostering longer term partnerships that will favour the national society.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
- Assume overall responsibility for leading the operation on behalf of the IFRC Country Office ensuring appropriate links with the IFRC structure.
- Assume budget holder responsibilities for the appeal.
- Lead the continuous analysis of the political, security, social, economic, and humanitarian context.
- Communicate a clear vision and a strategy for the recovery operation, with measurable results, ensuring that this is evaluated and based on evidence.
- Ensure optimal use of Federation-wide capacities and its properly alignment with the National Society vision and strategies of Country authorities.
- Ensure that the response strategy is forward-looking, investing in key Areas of Focus (AOFs) and Strategies for Implementation (SFIs) and seeks opportunities to strengthen the capacity and reputation of the host National Society.
- Seek to foster the buy-in and compliance of all Federation-wide actors by ensuring that they are assigned clear and appropriate roles and responsibilities in the operation wherever possible.
- Ensure that an adequate Movement Coordination Framework, specifically at operational and strategic level, is in place.
- Define the required support services for the operation to ensure that appropriate HR, Admin and Finance systems are in place and adequately resourced.
- Ensure that the progress of the operation is routinely monitored against the key deliverables and milestones articulated in the response strategy and plan, and that personal workplans reflect these and are used to ensure individual and collective accountability.
- Work with Planning and Resource Development (PRD) and Finance leads to ensure that appropriate systems for allocating and tracking pledges are in place and are monitored properly.
- Ensure the smooth handover to the medium to long-term Program Coordinator.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
- University degree in relevant area (Required)
- Basic Delegates Training Course or IMPACT. FACT, ERU, RDRT training (Preferred)
- At least 8 years of disaster management experience, including managing staff
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management projects and activities
- Work experience with RC/RC
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of Portuguese or Spanish
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
- Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others