Role purpose: Vodacom is looking for a highly motivated engineer to join the cloud infrastructure team. This team is
Responsible to design, implement and maintain the AWS cloud infrastructure according to rigorous standards and procedures. Automation is key to meeting our demands, therefore this engineer will be responsible to conceive and implement tools that will deploy new services or modify within minutes.
At Vodacom, we build highly complex systems while ensuring performance, reliability, scalability and automation. This role is key for our technology strategy roadmap; therefore, we are looking for someone that is excited to embark in a cloud transformation journey that will share the future of company.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Plan, design, implement, document and maintain the infrastructure according to the AWS Well-Architected framework.
• Create templates and automations using Cloudformation, Terraform, Puppet or Python to maximize efficiency and reduce human intervention.
• Proactively monitor the infrastructure and continuously deploy improvements, patches and fixes.
• Collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders for cloud related projects (Development, Cybersecurity, DevOps, Project Management team, etc).
• Conduct planned/unplanned maintenance activities as per team’s roster.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Scripting and programming languages (preferably python)
• Comfortable with Linux and command line environments.
• Understanding of cloud services such as SaaS/IaaS/PaaS
• Basic knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
• Autonomous, highly analytical and experienced with troubleshooting and problem solving
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Any Linux/Cloud/Security certification will be valuable
Key performance indicators
• Implemented services as per the team’s roadmap.
• Security, availability and compliance levels
• Automation initiatives highly focused on impact and reducing human intervention.