6 agosto, 2020
SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health care of 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Working together with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
Child Health Project manager, Pemba/Chiure, Mozambique
Fixed term full time (100%) appointment, minimum 3 years
Place of Assignment
Northern Mozambique, Pemba or Chiure
Start of Contract
Child Health Project
The Child Health Project Manager fulfils a pivotal role in providing technical leadership and oversight for the implementation of the project ‘Survive and Thrive’. This project will support the local health Authorities in the scale up of emergency triage protocols in health facilities in the Provinces of Cabo Delgado and Nampula, Northern Mozambique. The Health Project Manager will also work in close alignment with the Provincial and District Health Authorities.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Support local health authorities and supervise the implementation of a coloured Triage system in main health facilities of the province of Cabo Delgado and Nampula.
- Ensure the integration of a Triage training in the nursing school curriculum in collaboration with the Education authorities.
- Coordinate with stakeholders such as the District, Provincial health directorates and Ministry of health.
- Supervise and support a local team.
- Ensure proper monitoring of activities, data collection and analysis. Participate in publication and dissemination of results.
- Develop the periodic work plans and reports according to agreed milestones.
- Ensure proper management of the project resources (human, financial, material resources).
- Promote lessons learned, network with other NGOs.
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for a highly motivated individual with the following qualifications:
- Public Health expert or Medical Doctor (MD) with experience in public health
- Public health work experience in low-resource settings
- Clinical expertise in emergency care is an asset
- Experience in project and staff management
- Organisational and communication skills as well as negotiation skills to facilitate policy dialogue with local government bodies
- Solid computer skills, ideally also data analysis
- Interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange
- Fluent English and Portuguese (written, spoken). If Portuguese is not yet spoken: French, Italian or Spanish and the willingness to learn Portuguese
- Willingness to travel locally
- Willingness to live in a rural environment
- High intercultural sensibility
- Driving license
- The opportunity to have a significant impact to improve lives of children
- A stimulating environment, linked to universities and other non-governmental organizations
- Being part of a motivated team
- Specific training, possibility of clinical collaboration
- The possibility to capitalize experiences, network scientifically and participate in conferences
- An attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards
- Family posting possible and desirable. Attractive rural African setting.
How to apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Child Health project manager, Pemba Mozambique 2020” and include
- your CV including 3 references (max. 2 pages)
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
- copies of your qualifications
Applications are accepted in electronic format only. Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV.
Deadline for applications
Until position is filled
For further details contact
Dr. Anne Jores (email@example.com)