7 setembro, 2020
Role purpose: Vodacom is looking for a highly motivated person to join the cloud infrastructure team. This team is
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintainance of the AWS cloud infrastructure according to rigorous standards and procedures.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Plan, design, implement, document and maintain the infrastructure according to the AWS Well-Architected framework.
• Create templates and automations using Cloud formation, Terraform, Puppet or Python to maximize efficiency and reduce human intervention.
• Proactively monitor the infrastructure and continuously deploy improvements, patches and fixes.
• Conduct planned/unplanned maintenance activities as per team’s roster.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Scripting and programming languages (preferably python)
• Comfortable with Linux and command line environments.
• Understanding of cloud services such as SaaS/IaaS/PaaS
• Basic knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Any Linux/Cloud/Security certification will be valuable
Key performance indicators:
• Implemented services as per the team’s roadmap.
• Security, Availability and Compliance levels
• Automation initiatives highly focused on impact and reducing human intervention.