11 setembro, 2020
Role purpose: Vodacom is looking for a highly motivated database administrator. The team is responsible to design, implement and maintain oracle databases and the underlying infrastructure according to rigorous standards and procedures. We are looking for an individual highly skilled with Oracle database administrations to maintain complex databases of petabytes of information while ensuring optimal performance, scalability, resiliency, fault-tolerance, backups and security with an outstanding sense of ownership and team play.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Maintain end to end the Oracle EXADATA platform and its components.
• Plan and implement new architectures and functionalities according to business needs and roadmaps.
• Take ownership of performance, security, disaster recover, replication, archiving and capacity monitoring aspects of the oracle infrastructure.
• Collaborate effectively with internal/external stakeholders and manage projects, activities and milestones independently.
• Coach and mentor less experienced team members, provide second line of support for planned/unplanned maintenances, and escalate to third line of support (vendors).
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Advanced level of working experience with Exadata and Oracle 12c (or newer) and tools such as data guard, RMAN, etc.
• Intermediate level of working experience with Linux (preferably Oracle Linux) and ability to
• Intermediate level of working experience with storage/SAN platforms.
• Excellent documentation skills
• Autonomous, highly analytical and problem solving oriented
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Any Oracle or Linux certification
Key performance indicators
• Projects and initiatives delivered within the defined timeframes and standards
• .Security, availability and compliance levels
• Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the Infrastructure.