2 novembro, 2020
The Legal Advisor Specialist will be a member of the M-Pesa Compliance team. He or She will assist in the effective management of the Compliance program within M-Pesa. He or she will be required to work in conjuction with various areas within the Institution and be responsible for the relationship with a specific Regulator i.e. the Court of Law and the Attorney General’s Office of the Republic of Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Ready, analyse, vet contracts, addendums and other relevant documents written or shared with Compliance (Oficios) moreover effectively manage contracts/ agreements as well archiving of same;
• Provide a Legal overview or views while ensuring proper follow and or direct legal proceedings when prompted by the Judicial Authorities;
• Ensure Compliance with firm’s related Policies and Procedures. Escalate non Compliance, where applicable;
• Provide legal assistance to various firm departments i.e. M-Pesa and collaborate with relevant colleagues in the elaboration of documents within various departments within the firm;
• Responds and manages complaints deriving from customer or the Regulator i.e. The Central Bank of Moçambique and review and assess adequacy of Terms and Conditions and Firm Policies/ Procedures.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Accountable and eager to learn and improve current risk environment;
• Knowledge of Local Laws which take into account customer fair treatment, products and M-Pesa conduct as a Financial Institution,
• Must have analytical skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English is an advantage).
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Law;
• Certification in AML and/or Compliance is an advantage.
• Experienced Legal professional with 2 or more years in a compliance or related field and
• Knowledge of telecommunications is an advantage.