16 dezembro, 2020
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 supports the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The Procurement Officer position under the supervision of the Procurement and IEC Coordinator, supports the procurement and administrative functions of the project
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Assists in the management of local procurements, customs clearance procedures, inventory control, and the logistics functions of the project
- Maintains strict compliance with US-government policies and procedures
- Create purchase orders in Quicken, scanning and uploading all documentation
- Assist in receiving and tracking procured/acquired assets
- Update and maintain an accurate Inventory tracker
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders and Contracts for commodities
- Planning and coordinating procurement of goods and services
- Consult with and educate departments about sourcing strategies, supplier outreach and procurement processes/requirements
- Property Administration – Tag and track assets and controllable assets project-wide, handle moving and storage needs for all departments, ensuring compliance with records retention requirements of the program
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems
- Book and track accommodation in collaboration with project staff
- Assist in planning logistics for meetings/seminar/trainings, providing the location and materials, as well as supervising the process of paying per diem and snacks/meals
- Assist and lead, if delegated by Procurement manager, in performing procurements, including identifying reliable service providers, evaluating quotes, preparing the bid analysis, giving recommendations after approval, requesting invoices
- Maintain and update monthly inventory lists, excluding the warehouse that will be controlled by the Program & Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure the proper use of goods, materials, and equipment at the office
- Control stock of office supplies ensuring a timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and project
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
- Keep records of all documents received
- Manage the transport of goods to field sites
- Book and track accommodation of VL employees in Quelimane and the districts
- Assist in planning logistics for meetings/seminar/trainings, providing the location and materials, as well as coordinates process of paying per diem and snacks/meals.
- Handle the process of filling in logbooks by drivers and summarize in Excel for tracking fuel usage.
- Assist drivers in the process of completing Timesheets and completing travel advance and Travel Expense Reports.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, mailing, and filing.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/DHL Skynet packages;
- _Responsible for purchase office furniture and office supplies.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, company office keys.
- Purchase of tickets and some payments
- Manage petty cash for the office
- Book taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Minimum Diploma in Logistics, Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field; Bachelor degree is preferred
- At least three (6) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in procurement and administartive duties
- Experience on USAID-funded development programs with high volume of procurement and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is highly desired. Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to procurement
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
- Demostrated experienced in computer skills (able to run programs such as Microsoft word, Excel)
- Demonstrated command of English and Portuguese required
- Experience and knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma (based on level) and 2-4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.