Month-end closing activities, including entering Manual journal entries, and performing and various calculations (Interest, provisions, DD&A).
• Perform monthly trial balance review.
• Prepare consolidation package.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Financials Statements, including analysis of results.
• Ensure a clean and timely filing of financial reporting
• Prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliations and understand the accounts activities.
• Assist with audit by preparing various analysis and responding to audit queries.
• Ensure detailed compliance with internal controls and procedures.
• Identifies, analyses, verifies, interprets and processes financial transactions and data.
• Prepare an/or review assigned data for internal reporting purposes.
• Work on special projects, as assigned.
• Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Accounting Manager, and other finance and companywide managers regarding general accounting, special reporting requests and alike.
• Assist in development and implementation of new process and features to enhance the workflow of the department. • Actively assist in creating and recommending new policies, methods and procedures designed to improve the efficiency of the financial reports and controls.
• Ability to work in a multi-culture environment.
• Establishes and maintain safety operations by adhering to procedures and policies;
Context and environment
Deadline oriented without sacrificing accuracy
• Committed to safeguard company financial information and assets
• Regular communication with cost controllers, Accounts payable, Treasury, JV accountant • Audit related issues
• Respond timely the questions received from different stakeholders the JV Partners
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Auditing, or Commerce, is required. ACCA or related finance qualification will be advantageous
• 10 years or more sound experience in a similar role, preferably in an Oil and Gas environment
• Accounting knowledge of generally accepted Accounting/ Auditing including E&P accounting experience.
• Advance excel training in managing and analyzing large volumes of data.
MAPUTO-AV SOCIEDADE DE GEOGRAFIA(MOZ)