24 fevereiro, 2021
Servers and Data Center management
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows and Linux
- Manage Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, and server and workstation patching with Microsoft Systems Management Server (SCCM)
- Manage the physical and virtual environment (VMware) for TEPMA1 servers
- Have familiarity with SQL server, Oracle, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices and TEPMA1 IT Policies
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure hardware, software and services
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
- Have familiarity with Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) storage management, and Microsoft Distribution File System (MS DFS)
- Implement and manage a disaster recovery system through Data domain and ensure that the system is operating with highest standards and with no faults
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Provide ITS customer support services for TEPMA1 affected office. As needed, travel to any other TEPMA1 location. Provide a facilitation role between other IT departments and the supported field locations. Must rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals to ensure that TEPMA1 and its remote locations are provided IT services that meet or exceed their needs.
- Logging and tracking all incidents/service requests into company provided tools. Talking to users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues. Working continuously on a task until completion or escalating to the next level support. Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting computer hardware, operating systems, and applications. This includes server and PC hardware, peripherals, software, network equipment, data center equipment and cabling, printing equipment, replacing parts as required, supporting the roll-out of new applications, and external communications equipment. Ensure compliance with international software licensing. Must be physically able to maneuver hardware when necessary.
- Maintain hardware asset inventory of all IT assets at TEPMA1 locations. Requisition and receive hardware assets as needed by business lines / IT initiatives and in accordance with IT policies
- Assist infrastructure team in its daily activities
- Prepare written and verbal presentations and reports. Provide management with timely and accurate status reports and KPIs. Keep local assigned sites informed of upcoming activities. Keep customer base informed of changes and issues with the IT environment. Work with other IT groups to stay current on changes, initiatives, issues, and experiences being seen across the enterprise.
Context and environment
TEPMA1 is a $20 billion investment project on track to deliver LNG in 2024. Plans for the approximately 65 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas include a two-train project with the ability to expand up to 43 million tons per annum (MTPA). TEPMA1 is a major player in the Mozambique energy industry, employing circa 1000+ people. IT entity provides the company with information solutions that are aligned with the Company Strategy.
TEPMA 1 IT entity works in partnership with the Business to introduce, innovate and apply digital technology in to deliver productivity gains and competitive advantage to the Company, ensuring all solutions provided are fit for purpose. The team assists the business with all its information and digital requirements, providing a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective service in an extremely challenging environment to ensure that customers can manage their information and collaborate effectively.
- University graduate in Computer Science, Management Information System, or any IT related field;
- Equivalent work experience pertaining to customer support, Server Administration, Storage Administration, IT infrastructure Installation and administration or Network Administration is acceptable.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience related to Customer support, IT infrastructure administration or related fields within a similar environment.
- Server administration Certificates will be a plus.
MAPUTO-AV SOCIEDADE DE GEOGRAFIA(MOZ)