24 fevereiro, 2021
- Monitor system performance: the incumbent is responsible for administrating and maintaining the networks elements of Afungi site:
- Corporate (including Telephone over IP)
- Entertainment (including Internet Protocol Television-IPTV network)
- Troubleshoot and escalate incidents related to the data networks and Telephony over IP
- Ensure the monitoring and network equipment are up to date, and comply with cybersecurity policies
- Maintain and recommend network installation to reduce operational cost
- In cooperation with Maputo’s network architect, organize, co-ordinate and control all the activities related to the physical and logical installation of Telecommunication networks, on both corporate and industrial side. This includes managing projects with subcontractors.
- Ensure the smooth integration of new buildings / sites in the overall network architecture, within time and budget allocated, and in coordination with the infrastructure team on site.
- Design the overall architecture for the different networks, taking into account cybersecurity policies and long term evolution
- Proactively propose enhancements to the IT architecture
Some duties and responsibilities.
- Daily monitoring of telecom / IT networks
- Installing and configuring networks
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with networks and telecoms systems, including root cause analysis
- Maintain existing software and hardware and upgrade any when needed
- Working with IT support personnel
- Providing network administration and support
- Cross sharing knowledge with the other IT team members
Context and environment
- The Telecommunications Engineer’s position is based in AFUNGI site in rotation basis
- The incumbent responsibilities go above the traditional Corporate network, with in addition the industrial safety critical networks like CCTV, Access control, Radio and Public Address General Alarm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- IT and Telecom technical skills
- Minimum 6 years’ experience
- CCNP (routing and switching) certification required
- Other competencies: adaptability, ability to learn on the fly, Enthusiasm, Attention to detail.