24 março, 2021
Be a strategic partner to the business by providing insights and managing risk and opportunities on the cost base at each function level, and driving the Cost Efficiency Programme to enable margin expansion with a view of Short, Medium and Long Term. Partner with the Support functions in driving their tactical and strategic objectives through efficient and insightful reporting, support in the budgeting and forecast process as well investment appraisals and its post implementation monitoring.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership :
• Providing analytical support to new business initiatives. Assessing and contributing to business cases for tactical and strategic investments in Support Functions and monitoring progress and benefits realisation.
• Managing a view of financial risks and opportunities within each Company’s Function cost base on an ongoing basis against the financial plan, recommending initiatives to close gaps in actual business performance vs budgets.
• Responsible for the monthly Actual reporting, Budgeting & Rolling Forecast process for the company Opex and ensuring complete, accurate, timely and quality delivery with all required reporting
• Help identify and drive opportunities to change and improve efficiency (reducing costs) within each Function. Project Manage from identification to implementation and monitoring of the efficiency initiatives programme.
• Build on and improve reporting models and assumptions working closely with the allocated business unit; drive Automation of processes related to cost management and control and documentation of procedures
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills; Proactive and Comfortable challenging current ways of working to improve efficiency and drive improvement; Team player, yet able to work independently;
• Understanding of financial and non-financial performance metrics and able to connect the linkages between input drivers and outcomes; strong knowledge of accounting principles.
• Exposure to business case preparation & investment appraisals, experience of profitability analysis;
• Strong communication [including written and presentations], active listening, relationship building, and negotiations skills a must for business partnering;
• Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships;
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Advanced Degree in Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Business or Computer Science (or related degree or experience) or equivalent experience required;
• Microsoft office (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point) with advanced Excel skills; Experience with MS SQL development is considered a plus;
• At least 5 years’ experience of financial management in the mobile telecommunications sector or in a similar role within a large company.