24 março, 2021
Role purpose: The Corporate Regional debt collector is credit control representative in the region, must ensure collections in a timely manner, revisit and evaluate on a constant basis the active and inactive clients, as well as assist credit manager in the analysis, interpretation and management of information related to corporate clients. This function is a combination of detailed customer management oriented tasks, and although working alone largely, frequent interaction with external and distant customers and internal staff (Sales and Support areas) is always required.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Ensure credit risk assessment and regular updates on customer credit files;
• • Prompt communication of issues to relevant parties to be able to facilitate collection, control credit offered and improve future performance;
• • Liaising with sales and other service departments/units on all customers’ related issues;
• • Constant and pro-active communication with the business regarding specific overdue and credit;
• • Determines when an account is to be turned over to a collection agency or for litigation or when to write off; including payment history and due diligence performed;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Strong communication and problem solving skills;
• • Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment;
• • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word;
• • Ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy;
• • Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency;
• • Strong customer service skills required. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• 3-5 years’ credit experience, preferably industrial credit including interaction with a large customer base;
• • License in Finance, Accounting or related field;
• • Excellent written and verbal communication abilities for both Portuguese and English;
• • Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; must be able to meet tight deadlines and high productivity standards.