Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. We have an exciting opportunity for a position of Account Developer, responsible for the Implementation of Business Strategy within allocated customer base to achieve business objectives of increased profitability, excellent customer service and excellent in trade execution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To identify and implement new business opportunities so that the customer base and profits can continuously grow
• New business opportunities are determined by visiting potential dealers and evaluating their suitability according to established criteria.
• Potential dealers are assessed throughout the trial period to determine whether or not they will be as profitable as planned.
• The trading requirement document is thoroughly explained to the potential dealer.
• Business opportunities are developed within budgeted parameters and implemented as per regulations and customer agreement.
To optimise customer service so that superior customer relations and long lasting partnerships.
• Relevant Customer Service target are to be achieved at all times.
• Customer master file is continuously updated to ensure that accurate customer records are maintained.
• Customer’s needs and requirements are treated as important at all times.
• Problems and queries are handled in a professional, timely, tactful and friendly manner.
• Requests and problems are followed up until rectified or answered to the customers’ satisfaction and company standards.
To formulate account plans so that future business opportunities can be planned and implemented effectively
• Account plans are formulated annually and updated according to agreed standards taking into account sales volumes, placing of equipment, projected growths, market trends, competition and seasonal fluctuations.
• The outlets’ business model is well understood and opportunities for synergy with appropriate products’ brand propositions are identified and optimized.
• The account plan is formulated in line with the relevant quarterly reviews.
• The findings of the account plan are evaluated against the objectives of the channel business plan.
• Account plans are clearly communicated to the channel management team and agreed upon recommendations are implemented.
• Professional presentations of the annual account plan are given to customers to ensure their understanding of the plan.
To manage and maintain assets so that losses are minimised and optimal returns on investments are achieved
• Equipment contracts are accurately completed and signed by all relevant parties.
• The allocation and operation of equipment is in line with set standards and regulations.
• Coolers, vehicles and equipment are managed and maintained on a weekly basis to ensure optimal functioning.
• Placement of equipment should maximise return on investment at all times.
• The negotiated and agreed upon position of the cooler is maintained according to set standards.
• The ratio of sales to the cooler size is evaluated in order to ensure return on investments and non-conformance is corrected in line with set company regulations.
• Defective coolers are reported immediately and non-performance is escalated to the next level on the next visit. Basic fountain equipment and cooler maintenance training is provided to the dealer on a regular basis.
To execute outlets according to organisation strategies so that sales volumes may be increased and product awareness is enhanced
• Promotional agreements are accurately completed and forwarded to the relevant channel manager.
• Promotions are executed as per promotional guidelines and set company standards.
• Dealers are educated and continuously advised on stock management and shelf-life dates as per company regulations.
• The account manager must monitor, assess and manage stock age in the store at all times.
• RED targets are achieved at all times.
• PDA’s and local promotional targets are continuously achieved.
• Point of purchase and built displays are positioned in order to ensure that products are more visible than any other products. Point of sale are removed immediately once a promotional offer has exceeded.
To manage customers credit terms and limits in order to maximise sales and minimise risk
• Credit limits are managed so that customers do not over/under spend and stock on hold situations are avoided.
• The credit function receives the support of the account manager in managing the credit terms and limits.
• Prompt delivery of rebate cheques to customers is ensured. All outstanding accounts are managed until settled.
To execute surveys so that the organization is constantly aware of current market trends and to enable a competitive advantage
• Information regarding competitors’ products, prices, quantities sold, and in-stock levels is gathered.
• On premise outlet surveys are conducted at selected outlets.
• Surveys are accurately executed in all identified outlets.
• Information gathered through surveys is evaluated and presented to the channel management team. Identified areas for improvement are rectified and follow up is conducted to ensure compliance.
Skills, Experience & Education
Judgement & Decision Making
• Determine optimal on premise customer experiential activities
• Advise and support regional execution of on premise look of success and activation plans
• Support look of success implementation
• Customer Service Strategy execution
Qualifications and Experience
• Matric and completed 3 year sales/marketing qualification..
• 2 years relevant FMCG experience in a sales/marketing environment.
• Computer literate
• Good analytical and numerical ability
• Socially outgoing and confident
• Able to build positive relationships
• Ability to negotiate
• Team player who can also work independently
• Assertive and persuasive- ability to influence
• Open to change and looking for opportunities for improvement
• Good problem solving ability, solutions orientated and can be innovative
• Good analytical and problem solving ability
• Responsible, conscientious and dependable
• Willing to take calculated risks • Self-discipline and well organised
• Good planning ability • Flexibility
• Good ability to work under pressure and handle a demanding work environment
• High energy levels and drive.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.