Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. We have an exciting career opportunity for a CDE Technician to ensure the safe and uninterrupted operation of the cooling equipment through regular planned maintenance of equipment. To ensure coolers are maintained in good serviceable condition.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Executed Planned Maintenance Activities
• Perform routine checklist and report all abnormalities to Cooler Maintenance Team Leader
• Maintenance and repairs carried out as per works order. Meeting all the quality requirements
• Information collated, documented and feedback provided to relevant customers
• All relevant information obtained to conduct activities – e.g. drawings, manufacturers manual etc.
• Spares and tools required are located and obtained
• Jobs prioritized to maximize product quality (within set maintenance schedule)
2. Execute cooler maintenance
• Execution of the Maintenance Plan
• Regular maintenance of coolers to ensure a high reliability and maximum cooler uptime.
• Coolers maintained as per schedule
• Ensure good housekeeping of the workshop for cleanliness (5S Principals) and a safe working environment
• Breakdown repairs and troubleshooting of faults
• Ensure that all breakdowns are investigated, and that the 5WHY process is followed.
3. Done focused improvements
• Avoid waste and reduce time taken for finding tools and spare parts
• Reduce breakdowns through preventative maintenance practices and carry out improvements to reduce breakdowns and improve equipment uptime.
Skills, Experience & Education
|Judgement and decision making|
• Agile in thinking and nimble in decision making
• Adept at discerning and balancing the most important priorities (simplifies complexity)
• Simplifies the decision making process for self and others
• Efficiently applies rigour and operating discipline to ensure decisions are made on a timely basis
• Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the business/system as a whole.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum requirement: Gr 10 with a Trade certificate in Cooling
• Added advantage:
- National Diploma in Refrigeration
• Minimum 5 years as a cooler mechanic or in cooling equipment maintenance experience
• Experience in commercial cooling equipment will be an advantage.
• Planning and Organising
• Problem Solving
• Compliance, Governance and Ethics
• Specific Ability
• Team player
• Result and Execution Driven
• Decisive and Risk Pragmatic
• Resilient and energetic
• Customer focused
• Valid light vehicle drivers license.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.