Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. We have an exciting career opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader responsible to manage the execution of the operational requirements of Warehouse in support of the logistics strategy in an efficient and cost effective manner so that service excellence to other departments and the customer can be ensured.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage the Operational team (at a specific time of day) in the execution of all inbound and outbound movement: • In support of the daily load plan, ensure the accurate delivery of product for the purposes of on-time outbound movement
• Ensures the accurate counting, receiving and unloading of product for the purposes of inbound and outbound movement, whilst ensuring optimal site turnaround time.
• Ensure on-time deliveries happen on a daily basis.
• Actively work to identify and remove obstacles to improve operational efficiency
2. Manage the Accurate & Daily delivery process:
• Ensure daily deliveries are executed within the team in an accurate and prompt manner, and corrective action where non-compliance is detected.
• Ensure the validity of all driver related statutory requirements for all drivers.
3. Manage all tasks within the standards of excellent housekeeping:
• Drive excellent housekeeping standards by following the 5S methodology.
• Drive weekly Audits with regards to Housekeeping and SHEQ.
• Maintain health, safety and environment (HSE) standards.
4. Manage the effective care for Company assets within the team:
• Ensure the operation of company assets such as Trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks within the team takes place in a safe manner, with the necessary pre & post trip inspection process and reporting of damages / breakdown in place.
• Monitor and drive asset utilisation by optimal fuel usage and the elimination of abuse.
• Care for company assets by keeping them in optimal condition according to the company policy and specifications. • Manage maintenance service schedule adherence.
• Record all accidents and incidents for the purpose of corrective action and improvement.
5. Drive good product quality:
• Ensure high product quality by executing daily tasks within the team and adhering to the company guidelines in terms of driver shortages & non-deliveries.
• Ensure team members handle product in a manner that does not impact the quality of the product by introducing new products and how to handle it.
• Drive a strong focus within the team with regards to effective delivery processes. .
6. Implement activity based resourcing:
• Manage the team to ensure resources are aligned to activity requirements per time of day and day of the week.
7. People management: Manage team and own performance:
• Manage own performance
• Continuous on-the-job training, coaching, counselling and support for team members
• Management of resources to ensure achievement of delivery requirements are met
• Planning and managing of change within the organisation
• Effective team meetings and active resolution of issues encountered
• Provision of clear direction and communication of KPI’s and achievement against KPI’s
• Effective stakeholder engagement and communication
• Maintain a healthy industrial relations climate
• Administer conditions of employment for the team
• Facilitate effective team work, and create an environment for a high-performing team.
8. Drive effective Financial Management of areas impacting Warehouse and Distribution cost
• Manage, within the team: o Effective pay cost management by appropriate resource planning and reduction in seasonal workers and overtime o Effective fuel usage through Truck & Forklift optimisation o Elimination of asset abuse cost o Optimal maintenance cost o Overtime and seasonal workers are minimised.
Skills, Experience & Education
Judgement and decision-making Decisions are made within defined processes and procedures but requires situational discernment and judgement to enable best situational outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
• Logistics degree or 3 year relevant equivalent
• 3-5 years supply chain or purchasing experience in an FMCG environment
• Membership of professional supply chain or procurement bodies would be advantageous.
Knowledge: 1. Knowledge of all Distribution Processes (and accountable parties) and understanding of inter-relationships between processes
2. Deep understanding of the Settlement, Distribution & Proof of Delivery processes.
3. Deep insight into distribution performance measures and levers that impact on the achievement of measures
4. Knowledge to enable effective Asset Care
5. Extensive systems knowledge (SAP)
6. Understanding of key performance indicators within Distribution.
7. Extensive knowledge of HR and IR policies and the application thereof.
1. Sound management of employee relations and the creation of a healthy IR climate
2. Effective coaching ability
3. Effective team management through team and individual development
4. Ability to show initiative within the confines of process adherence
5. Ability to make immediate decisions based on information gathering, knowledge of Distribution processes, and an understanding of the desired outcome
6. Ability to utilize technology
7. Strong ability to ensure the achievement of operational standards in terms of rate of work within team
1. Strong conflict resolution ability
2. Good attention to detail and high focus on accuracy
3. Strong communication skills
4. Strong customer service orientation with particular focus on service to the Driver
5. Creates an environment of dignity and respect.
6. Strong self-management skills
7. Mind-set of continuous improvement
8. Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined and demonstrates ethical behaviour.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.