this role will maintain and optimize processes and equipment to achieve set production targets within the ambits of safety and quality standards.
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate and control the process in the Carbon by;
- Monitoring the process/production parameters using statistical process methods and standard procedures.
- Investigating deviations and initiating and implement corrective action.
- Communicating with Production Shift Supervisor and providing expertise regarding monitored process/production parameters, deviations and recommended corrective actions.
- Investigating technical problems and recommending solutions,
- Making technical decisions based on analytical simulations,
- Conducting and initiating non-routine and specialized technical analysis, evaluating results and providing reports thereon.
- Ensure that the various processes in the Carbon are controlled and optimized and deviations are corrected speedily,
- Recommending modifications with respect to quality, safety, training procedures and standards.
- Developing new methods for technical analysis, testing and improving/adapting existing methods to optimize technical results.
- Instructing and assisting Production Personnel on various techniques and methods used
- Ensure the production personnel are adequately developed and positioned to undertake technical tasks in an efficient and competent manner.
- Perform standby functions for Carbon, and also act on behalf of the Process Superintendent.
- Tertiary qualification in science or engineering. Preferably Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years in an Industrial environment, of which 3 years must be in a technical function. Advanced knowledge of Carbon Processes in an Aluminium Smelting Environment is a prerequisite.
Location: Maputo, MZ