The purpose of the Lead Technology role is to manage the company ICT Infrastructure at the operation with support of an outsourced partner to ensure outstanding service delivery; provide leadership and further the development of a small group of staff; manage a combined operating and capital budget of approximately US$5m per year; align strategic business and Technology objectives whilst delivering fit for purpose and value add technology solutions; deliver high quality IT Services and Support to a diverse userbase (Business Management, Production Teams and Office Automation).
The purpose of the role is:
- Lead the South32 internal Digital Technology and the outsourced service provider teams under the guidance of the “Manager Digital Technology – Operations”.
- Be part of the planning cycle at the operations and contribute from a technology perspective;
- Ensure that a technology (ICT) plan is developed and kept up to date for the operation.
- Integrate with the rest of Technology to garner support from the wider Technology network teams within South32
- Participate in meetings and feedback loops and develop healthy relationships between self and other Technology Leads, Platform Leads and Segment Architects and work together closely to plan and prioritise work and allocate resources;
- Ensure the alignment of organisational strategic goals with consideration to safety, productivity and cost;
- In addition, the Lead Technology Operations will serve as the single point of contact for IM demand aggregation and prioritisation – (i.e. Technology plan).
- Effectively manage risks within area of control and ensure risk assessments are in place for all high-risk work;
- Ensure that the technology strategies and plans are in alignment with the operational strategic direction;
- Ensure that the design, development and provision of new and enhanced IM services meet business needs and requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / BTECH in Computer Science or Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Technology and Operational focused roles together with at least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role;
- In depth knowledge and understanding of operational challenges and practices in a global organisation is essential;
- In depth understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) service management processes are essential;
- 5 Years’ and more experience of managing technology vendor contracts and services is essential.
Please apply online via https://careers.south32.net and use reference number 3841. Applications must include a cover letter and CV (max 3 pages) with copies of certificates, identity documents and a Police Clearance.
Female applicants are encouraged.
Applications close on the 13 July 2021.