Mozal SA is a benchmark for mega-projects in developing countries. Mozal’s vision is to be a leading low-cost primary aluminium smelter and the employer of choice.
At Mozal, we recognise that our people are the foundation of our business and the key ingredient for our success. We are clear that to prosper, we must work through people who share our vision and our values.
To provide leadership and direction to the Production Execution Operator Team and effectively manage the Production processes to achieve established KPI targets for Safety, People, Volume, Speed and Cost.
- Lead, coach and mentor employees to deliver high performance by setting team and individual Key Performance Indicators, conducting performance reviews and creating personal development plans.
- Manage, engage, and coach the team to deliver against performance targets.
- Ensure that subordinates are well trained and complete their training profile within the appropriate timeframe; and are competent on tasks by carrying out on-field competency assessments.
- Spend an appropriate amount of time in the field verifying that employees and contractors adhere to work standards, are competent, and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work.
- Monitor HSE performance within the Production Execution team, ensuring that unsafe conditions are rectified, and unsafe behaviours are corrected, and subordinates are coached on the site safety standards.
- Lead the execution of the production activities in order to achieve established shift KPI targets.
- Ensure that production process equipment is operated safely and in accordance with the process specifications, the operation’s technical standards and the site production plan; and that all equipment and plant is maintained in a safe, acceptable state.
- Manage execution of activities carried out by contracting companies, ensuring that Safety, Speed, Quality and Cost targets are adhered to and that all work under the area of control has followed the appropriate Authourity to Work processes, that controls identified by the risk assessment are in place and functional; and that the post work processes are followed to safely hand back the plant.
- Serious contenders will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with minimum experience of 5 years in a large processing plant, mine or smelter.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English.
Please apply online via http://careers.south32.net and use reference 4232 applications must include cover letter and CV (max 3 pages) with copies of certificates, identity documents, Police Clearance and a written reference.
We encourage FEMALE applicants.
Mozal, your employer of choice!
SUPERVISOR PRODUCTION EXECUTION- DEPARTMENT – REDUCTION