Construction Manager PPA
THIS POSITION IS FOR MOZAMBIQUE CITIZENS
Short Description / Purpose of Job
Construction Manager role: Lead Construction Management on CPF plant projects, CSR, support to Well Integrity Restoration and Well Remediation projects.
Accountable for construction management for projects in the FEED and Execution phases and support to commissioning phase.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- The role of the Sasol construction Manager is to be accountable for the planning and delivery of all the construction related deliverables of the BD&I Project and engineering tracks during all phases.
- Thus supporting the project manager and project team ensuring items such as constructability reviews and development of constructability RFQ requirements are properly addressed during FEL and execution.
- During the Construction period he/she evaluates the planning and execution of construction activities with the PM, proactively minimising risk, driving safety performance, work quality and productivity.
- The construction manager may suggest alternative construction avenues that could lower the project cost and shorten the construction schedule, thus ensuring and driving the efficiency of constructability.
- Support overall project compliance to execution plan (SHE, Quality, Cost & Schedule); Support overall project compliance to legal and corporate governance and procedures; Management of internal and external stakeholders / supplier relationships and contracts; Support integrated risk management is effectively done. Ensure comprehensive change management is done.
- Ensure complete and up to date project administration;
- Manage all on site SHERQ requirements on projects;
- Close collaboration with GSO stakeholders.
- Responsible for set up and management of all remote site requirements.
- Project reporting
3-year Degree /University Bachelor’s Degree with 11 years relevant experience, or
4-year Degree /University Bachelor’s Hons /B-Accounting Hons /Engineering /Masters/PhD with 10 years relevant exp, or
Masters/PHD with 8 years Relevant experience.
Tertiary Construction/Project Management qualification will be an added advantage.
Minimum experience 10+ years in petrochemical industry capital/maintenance construction projects concerning construction
- Thorough Knowledge of multi-disciplinary construction work methods, production norms; materials; procedures; plant and equipment.
- Health and safety laws and regulations
- Construction and fabrication specifications and standards.
- Inspection and quality control procedures and standards.
- Construction Logistics.
- Labour availability.
- Construction contractor’s ability, loading and experience.
- Planning & scheduling
- Construction costs and progress verification and measurement.
Certification & Professional Membership
Business Leadership: Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement. Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Partnership Leadership: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
People Leadership: Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation. Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
Project Coordination: Knowledge and experience with Project Coordination is planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a objective this include an administrative, liaison and support role that supports one or more projects. Usually used during smaller non capital projects.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Leadership: Provides vision and direction aligned to One Sasol. Leads organisational change, innovation and sustainability.
Tech Savvy: Knowledge of the Information Technology Industry including trends, emerging technology, best practices, competition, regulations, and legislation.
Applications: To apply please access to http://www.sasol.com/careers/opportunities and click in Africa, United States and International – view jobs – select action) e select“–Construction Manager PPA” CVs must be in English. Last day for applications is 13 of Setember 2021.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Only Mozambican nationals permitted to apply.