14 setembro, 2021
IsraAID is looking for a Psychosocial Support officer for the organization’s project to work with communities in Cabo Delgado, including host communities, and in the resettlement camps of Metuge and Chiure.
We are looking for someone with experience in the field of MHPSS, experience in delivering and facilitating training, proactive, and that enjoys working with remote supervision. It has to be a “hands-on-person”, focused on delivering results, and with multi-tasking skills.
The projects, in cooperation with other organizations, comprehends as the main outputs:
(a) to deliver PSS trainings and Case Management trainings to other organization´s staff members; (b) design assessment tools for improved PSS support tools, including its implementation on the field;
(c) subsequently the design of interventions derived from the assessment results.
In addition, IsraAID will also work on; (d) direct community-based support;
(e) PFA for girls and women, and people with disabilities;
(f) teachers and other educational stakeholders trained in MHPSS elements.
The PSS Officer will lead training, provide supervision to partners and beneficiaries, and support all
activities in Cabo Delgado Province related to MHPSS.
The PSS Officer will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator or Manager and is
Training and Project Implementation:
- Train partners and volunteers and/or train trainers in community-based protection and psychosocial support approaches and interventions such as psychological first aid, psychoeducation, Safe Spaces (eg. community centres).
- Work with humanitarian partners and government counterparts for supervision at the
Province and District level
- Support the direct and indirect beneficiaries of the training, and report any concern or
challenges for a coordinated response.
- Use MEAL programmatic tools at all levels of implementation.
- Being in charge of the MHPSS materials and making the liaise with Operations Team for the
procurement of the needed activities items
Assessment, planning and project development
- Adapt assessment questionnaire and carry out assessments in protection and psychosocial
support using a mixed variety of methodologies
- Train assessment teams to carry out assessments and analyze findings in order to develop
or revise a plan of action
- Participate and lead, when needed, the assessment analysis and reporting
- Map referral services and pathways
- To maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners
- To attend trainings when required
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative inputs
- Actively participate in cluster meetings
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality
- Strictly respect confidentiality of data and property of beneficiaries.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Significant experience in an equivalent position in a development or humanitarian context
- University degree in Mental Health, Psychology, Psychosocial Support or related degrees
- Experience working in training and program implementation
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and pro-activity in engaging in tasks that need to be done
- Proven ability to work independently in a changing environment
- IT literate (Office package – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Able to work in a high stress environment
- Good writing and communication in Portuguese and English
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter, no more than 2 pages, to
*in the email subject please indicate the title of the position “MHPSS Officer”
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified