14 outubro, 2021
Request for Consultant Services Proposal (RFP)
|Solicitation Title:||Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant|
|Project Number (Top Level Only)||102720|
|Submit Proposal to:||Crisisresponse@fhi360.org|
|Date of Issue of RFP:||13 October 2021|
|Date Questions from Consultant Due:||15 October 2021|
|Date Proposal Due:||18 October 2021|
|Approximate Date Consultant Contract
Issued to Successful Candidate(s):
Method of Submittal:
Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format.
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 45 days from the date specified for the receipt of offers unless another time is specified in the addendum of the RFP.
FHI 360 is harnessing its four decades of development experience to provide humanitarian assistance in crisis-affected countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) meets the urgent needs of people whose lives are jeopardized by conflict, disaster or displacement. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team is looking to expand operations and technical programming in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique to respond to the current crisis. FHI 360 is responding to the conflict by intervening in the health, nutrition, WASH, and protection sectors.
Scope of Work
In this particular context, the Crisis Response Team requires the services of a highly skilled Emergency Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant who will be responsible for establishing a strong M&E system of FHI 360’s Humanitarian Program in Mozambique. The consultant will design and make use of an electronic data base to capture program data and to produce relevant reports for internal and external purposes; ensure data quality using different data quality assurance mechanisms; document all M&E related files; and assist all FHI 360 technical teams in capturing programmatic data. The Emergency M&E Consultant will also lead the field staff in conducting a baseline survey against key performance indicators for the project upon which progress towards objectives will be measured. The consultant must also have a strong background in humanitarian programming and experience with rapid start-ups.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement participatory and result based M&E systems that will generate timely information and feedback to program and management teams.
- Lead baseline survey and develop a comprehensive report of findings, lessons learned and ongoing programmatic challenges.
- Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate databases to accurately track data collected from various interventions across program activities. Ensure maintenance of data back-up and retrieval systems; prepare a database of the program that can be used both internally and externally.
- Set up a secure database that will capture all agreed upon indicators, targets and progresses against each project objectives.
- Conduct, manage and administer baseline survey studies, review workshops, and any other regular needs assessment which will continually provide information and latest developments.
- Advise and guide staff members on M&E issues for better implementation and sharing of good practices; provide technical leadership for all M&E activities of the project. Particularly, support the field assistants based in project locations to do a more
regular follow up of targets, and progresses.
- Prepare monitoring checklists and guidelines to measure the performance and track progresses.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare reports; designs, supervise and/or conducts special studies and inquires; design and implementation of project led operations research.
- Undertake regular field visit to monitor and supervise project implementation, identify bottlenecks and success stories.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- Ensure that M&E data is incorporated into programs planning and review processes;
oversee data collection to ensure high quality results for learning and donor reporting.
- Strengthen the M&E documentation system of FHI 360’s program centrally by documenting
all M&E documents at the Country Office.
- Carryout any other duties assigned by the supervisor. Deliverables:
- An inception report adding any further detail or clarification regarding the baseline study approach, method, or implementation arrangements that includes a timeline
- Creation and implementation of assessment instructions
- Cleaned data files with data correctly organized, variables named and labeled
- Baseline values for IRAMP indicators
- Slide deck that highlights key findings of the baseline assessment
- A comprehensive baseline report in the form proposed by BHA
Location of Work
Cabo Delgado, Mozambique
Important Note: Applicant should research COVID-19 measures and the associated risks of this location before submitting an application.
Level of Effort: 3 months with possible extension
Period of Engagement: End-October to End-January 2021
Timetable and Address for Submission
Applications must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 18 October 2021,
11:59PM EDT. Please send by email to CrisisResponse@fhi360.org with subject line “Emergency
Monitoring & Evaluation – Crisis Response”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent, experience in Statistics, Human
Development and Social Studies or Related Field
- 5 – 8 years of professional work experience setting up monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks
- Strong understanding of the Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs and their current guidelines for
humanitarian project implementation
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or related industry experience
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical
issues in assigned area
- Fluency in verbal and written English required, fluency in Portuguese is seen as an asset
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Expertise in monitoring & evaluation methods and use of assessment tools
- Expertise in humanitarian programming
- Consultancy experience with similar organizations
Proposals must include the following components:
- Current CV
- Cover letter (max one page) summarizing experience
- Name and contract details of two professional references
- Your consulting daily rate. Please note that rate should be all inclusive; no separate hazard pay or daily allowance will be provided.
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360’s supplier terms and conditions can be found here while our consultant terms and conditions can be found here