The provide expert leadership, support and assurance to the Head of HR with regard to talent , governance process effectiveness for the talent acquisition and management framework, including Early Careers and Executive and Leadership Development, where appropriate and driving specific strategic talent initiatives for critical talent segments and high potential talent.
Support and Drive Talent Strategy
- Provide strategic input into the Mozambique Talent strategy, governance and budget frameworks
- Provide strategic leadership for Talent team, including developing a Talent Strategy in close cooperation with the Regional LL&T Head and the Regional Resourcing Head
- Implement action plans related to succession planning and account for potential talent risks in critical roles
- Provide thought leadership and advisory support to BUs to support them in their talent journey and to address specific business talent requirements, providing on-going advice, support and commercially relevant talent practices to Line managers
Support Talent Operational Activity
- Manage the facilitation of the talent review process to understand future talent demand, identify current talent bench-strength and assess the gaps between the two, highlighting risks, opportunities and providing recommendations to address identified gaps including the proactive analysis of market conditions and data
- Design and embed talent management and engagement processes and systems that leverage the best suitable practice and facilitate a Mozambican perspective within which business areas can operate at a local level.
- Support the effective diagnosis of business issues/ strategy and goals, feeding these into People Plans (E.g. STP, MTP) and delivering solutions to address issues identified
- Up-skill and educate Line Managers regarding the end to end talent acquisition, management, development and retention processes
- Liaise with recruitment agencies regarding candidate engagement
- Ensure tracking of action plans to of talents identified in the business
- Provide input into the framework for Talent identification, verification and monitoring methodologies
- Ensure appropriate assessment of vendors and according to sourcing policies in place
- Review adverse risk assessments and create recommendations to approve or decline
- Educate line managers on the importance of risk assessment
- To partner business leaders in maintaining and monitoring the Absa standards and continuing the development of an appropriate control culture.
Effectively manage the Team
- Responsible with fellow Talent team members for effective performance, governance, strategic direction, budget management, risk management and operations;
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching;
- Determine development needs for the team itself and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed ;
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met;
- Review and update the department’s organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member .
Bachelor Honours Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)