Coca – Cola Beverages Africa has an exciting vacancy of Unit Manager Packaging at one of our Mozambique Bottler – Nampula Plant, leading producer of various flavors in Mozambique for the last 20 years. This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager. The incumbent will be responsible to manage, lead and support the team so that manufacturing, quality, and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
|1. Manage the Packaging plant and processes: Plan to achieve performance targets; Provide leadership and management to achieve performance targets; Monitor conformance to standards; Monitor effective application of the Supply Chain / Manufacturing Way; Monitor conformance to Sustainable Development (SD) standards; Complete packaging administrative processes.|
2. Drive performance improvement: Facilitate the application of problem-solving techniques / principles; Identify opportunities for improving process capability; Implement and monitor process improvements.
3. Performance Management: To set performance goals together with the team so that team members know, understand and can work effectively as a team towards common goals and purpose. To encourage, assist, support and coach Team Leaders so that departmental targets, performance and future challenges are achieved effectively.
4. Manage quality in the Packaging unit: Manage to ensure that quality at source remains under control; Manage to ensure the integrity of quality analysis; Manage to ensure the integrity of all associated quality systems; Manage to ensure of quality governance .
5. Manage budgets and costs: Develop and submit the annual business plans/budgets for approval (including the annual capital budget); Implement and manage the annual business plans/budgets (including the annual capital budget); Manage Capex budget process.
6. Guide and manage the team to accelerate team performance, development and engagement: Manage own performance and development; Optimize individual and team performance and development; Build team capability and cohesion; Optimize resourcing through people planning, attraction, recruitment and retention of talent; Build a positive employee relations climate;
7. Safety and Housekeeping: Ensure that the Utilities team apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks; Ensure implementation of the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies (such as OSH act) on safety and housekeeping; Ensure all statutory and mandatory checks are part of the asset care management system, are performed and all documentation completed and recorded; Ensure that health, safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and audits, with appropriate monthly/quarterly meetings; Where unsafe work practices have been identified, the Utilities Manager is responsible for correcting this.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Chemistry, Food Processing or related fields.
• 5 to 10 years of experience on this role or at similar positions.
• Experience on FMCG business it’s advantageous.
• Good Knowledge of asset care management standards and guidelines, including the Manufacturing Way.
• Good understanding of CCBA business processes which include financial management, performance management, talent management and IR.
• Strong track record of delivering results in Engineering role and understanding of Supply Chain Way.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
• Ability to lead and influence ideas and people by articulating a compelling and inspired vision and motivating and mobilizing individuals and parties towards this common goal.
• Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Proven ability to foresee and act against potential risks to the business/system as a whole
• Proficiency on English and Portuguese language its advantageous.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
|Location – Town / City||Nampula|