Role purpose: To define and implement the M-Pesa Technology DevOps platform on the cloud and on-premises. Deliver a rapid growth and resilient infrastructure environment, supporting the Agile Squad’s software development lifecycle. Collaborate across teams to improve build, integration & release process. Develop and maintain services and integrations for Apps Services CI/CD pipeline.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Evaluate infra requirements, design and build environments using containers or virtualization in Public or Private Cloud;
• Continuous evolution towards Infrastructure as a Code through automation scripts and specific tools;
• Maintain performance and reliability of the systems through DevOps toolkit;
• Coordinate with the Solution Architects and development teams to produce an automated continuous deployment platform to deliver high-quality software;
• Develop and maintain application monitoring through counters, API, log parsers and performance monitoring dashboards;
• On-call activities for incidents;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Experience with CI/CD process and platforms, e.g. Jenkins
• Experience with software development processes such as building, unit testing, code analysis, release process, and code coverage.
• Scripting (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash, etc.) and configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt etc.;
• Experience of current and emerging virtualization, infrastructure, cloud and containerization technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Understanding of web applications architectures and knowledge of standard Web Servers (Apache, Nginx);
• Performance monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, APM;
• Experience working closely with agile methodologies and with teams leveraging DevOps and Continuous Delivery / Integration (desirable)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Degree in IT or related field (essential);