A position based in Mozambique for and experienced, ambitious and talented financial professional with a min of 5-8 years relevant experience in senior financial management. The individual should be highly skilled in all forms of communication – both with internal stakeholders as well as diverse cultures. Strong attention to detail is critical.
The successful candidate should have the ability to handle a highly charged and dynamic workload from the start. He/she must be able to work autonomously on several projects at any given time and to communicate efficiently with colleagues located across the world. The role also includes responsibility for assisting country management with business planning, budgeting and strategy for a high growth and dynamic country organization.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Required Education Level:
- Degree in Accounting / Finance
5-8 years in senior financial management roles with focus on the following areas:
- Manage and supervise the overall activities of the Finance & Accounting functions in the entities in Mozambique
- Provide timely weekly and monthly reporting and ensure that it represents a true and fair statement of the operating activities at all times. Responsible for the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process.
- Comply with all Group and Statutory requirements of the company at both local and Group level. Ensure that all requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Implements and maintain a comprehensive and efficient internal control framework in line with group policies and procedures
- Prepare the company’s financial reports and present findings and recommendations to the top executive Group and senior management.
- Comply with local tax regulations and with any legal requirements
- Provide day to day support to the Country manager
- Working experience in the storage and distribution of Petroleum products in a multi-national company
- Working experience with developing and maintaining a strong finance team and finance processes – this includes the incorporation of new acquisitions if/when required. Direct involvement in the planning and execution of new business investments.
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Use of MS Office
- Understanding of integrated financial systems
- Industry knowledge
- Understanding of Mozambique tax legislation
Specific Skills Required:
- Advanced excel and presentation skills
- Experienced manager with proven motivational skills
Specific Abilities Required:
- Language: English and Portuguese
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiatives
- Willingness to work long hours when required is critical
- Desire and ability to achieve results under difficult circumstances and tough deadlines
- A stable track record of previous successes in a similar role is critical.
- The ability to cope with a multi-faceted workload in a high paced environment is key KPI.
- Ensure accuracy on financial information at all times
- Ensure that stock levels, product margins and variable costs are reviewed on a daily basis, and ensure that an efficient process is place for corrective actions
- Ensure the financial accounting system is fully implemented and used effectively.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure that a (tax) efficient legal structure and relevant processes are in place at all times
- Investment analysis, reviews and recommendations
- Establish an efficient and effective structure for day to day cash management and credit control
- Ensure that effective funding and hedging structures are in place in line with corporate policies
- Establish a highlight motivated and efficient finance organization, geared for the anticipated rapid growth
- Incorporate newly acquired companies and assets into the Puma way of doing business
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Country management: CEO, Operations, Construction, HR etc.,
- Regional management: CFO, Supply team, Finance team
- Counterparties, Banks, Auditors, Contractors, Legal Advisors, Consultants.
- Local: Maputo, Mozambique