2 junho, 2022
Good Neighbors Vision 2030
- Good Neighbors exists to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony.
- Good Neighbors respects the human rights of our neighbours suffering from poverty, disasters, and oppression, and helps them to achieve self-reliance and enable them to rebuild their hope.
- We serve people in need beyond ethnicity, religion, belief, and nationality.
- We promote self-reliance in sustainable development for individuals, families, and communities.
- We implement the rights of the child as top priority.
- We prosper global citizenship in mutual respect.
- We organize local volunteers to contribute in developing their own communities.
- We cooperate with all people who understand our mission and program.
- We work with professionalism, and pursue financial and operational transparency.
- We strive to induce more people to join our work as Good Neighbors members.
Good Neighbors Mozambique has secured funds in partnership with its counterpart Good Neighbors Japan through Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a WASH project in Gaza province.
GNMOZ is currently looking for a WASH officer based in Chokwe in Gaza province.
Name of the project:
Community-based water and sanitation facility construction and hygiene promotion in Massangena District, Gaza Province
Objective of the project:
To improve health status of the community through the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene services in Massangena District in Gaza Province, Mozambique.
Fixed-term contract for 10 months (June 2022- March 2023)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
・Develop a program plan and ensure its smooth implementation of WASH-related activities for communities and schools;
・Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training;
・Ensure appropriate design and implementation of proper maintenance and use of WASH equipment;
・Carry out assessments and post-implementation monitoring;
・Support effective coordination and communication among WASH manager, field officer and the counterparts in the field;
・Track the progress of activities and coordinate with WASH manager and field officer to ensure all required inputs are timely provided and project schedule is met;
・Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly;
・Capacity building of stakeholders;
・Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and those lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized;
・Analyse and report on the evolving humanitarian needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions;
・Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met;
・Fulfil other duties assigned by WASH manager;
・Work with the team (government-seconded staff) to ensure all activities are planned, prioritized, carried out and monitored in efficient and effective ways, with due consideration to gender and advocacy issues;
・Ensure full compliance with security plans and protocols in consultation with GNMOZ;
・Provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate, in (for example, but not limited to) assessment, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (Internal and Donor Reports), proposal development, and the exercise of judgment skills;
・Work with the team to provide appropriate and regular verbal and written reports to WASH Manager.
・Bachelor degree in WASH related fields;
・Over 2-3 years of Work experience of WASH-related projects in NGO/INGO or non-profit sectors;
・Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese. Local language is a strong asset;
・Good computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word);
Other Special Requirements:
・Training skills, participatory skills;
・Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive;
・Ability to adapt to restrictive local conditions;
・Ability to function well in a team and contribute positively to team dynamics;
・Ability to work in isolated conditions;
LANGUAGES Required: Fluency in English, Portuguese and the local language (both spoken and written)
Deadline for application: 7th of June 2022
How to Apply
Send your CV/Applicant Resume in English and Portuguese, certificate of qualifications relevant to the role to: email@example.com
Note: write in the subject: vacancy Name-candidate name
- Only applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements for the position will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
GNI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.