22 junho, 2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of Activity/Assignment: Support to MGCAS in the implementation at provincial level of the manual version of the Cadastro Nacional de Proteccao Alternativa.
|The consultant should analyze the information received and make recommendations for each province, as well as support the technicians of the social services of the provinces of Cabo Delgado, Nampula, Zambézia and Sofala, to fill in the information in the forms of the National Registry of Alternative Protection.
Purpose and tasks
● Systematize the information from the records of centers and children sent by the provinces regarding children in centers and kindergartens in 2022
● Support social action services to collect information and fill in the admission form and centers and kindergartens for the manual implementation of the national alternative protection registry
● Support the minors’ sections of the provincial courts in filling in the forms of guardianship, adoption and foster family applicants
● Support the implementation of plans for family reintegration or integration in alternative protection for centers and kindergartens for children under 3 years of age in selected provinces
Nampula 10 working days
Cabo Delgado working 10 days
Work Assignment Overview
Apoio no levantamento de informação dos centros e analises de resultados por províncias para 2022
Fichas preenchidas de centros e de crianças para todo o país com documentação analisada e apresentada por província
Timeline: 30 days
Monitoria de preenchimento das fichas de admissão em centros e infantários
100% das fichas de admissão de crianças preenchidas e fichas de requerentes em curso para as 4 províncias.
Timeline: 60 days
Relatório de casos de reintegração familiar ou integração na protecção alternativa com especial foco em bebes menores de 3 anos.
Timeline: 30 days
Apresentação final da consultoria
Apresentação ao CT do MGCAS os resultados do processo
Timeline: 1 day
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A Bachelor degree
- Master in Social Sciences, International Relations and Development Studies.
- At least 10 years of solid professional experience in the child protection sector with a special emphasis on alternative care and care reform
- Relevant experience working with the government and in the context of Mozambique
- Strong experience in field visit and child protection data management
- Strong capacity for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Strong communication skills on how to effectively deliver key messages to different audiences and present them in friendly language
Ability to perform well under pressure and complexity and ambiguity.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Consultants will be asked to stipulate all-inclusive fees, including lump sum travel and subsistence costs, as applicable
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: South Africa Standard Time