15 julho, 2022
Role purpose: Drive the expansion of financial services guaranteeing that M-Pesa has relevant impact in the financial inclusion agenda in Mozambique.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Identify and validate opportunities for financial services in the M-Pesa portfolio.
• Guarantee customer centricity in the design of new financial services in M-Pesa’s product portfolio.
• Develop and maintain business cases for the M-Pesa financial services portfolio guaranteeing that the core products have an associated financial impact.
• Design, plan and project-manage the implementation of new products and enhancements to the current product portfolio across all disciplines involved in the process.
• Define the Product Strategy for M-Pesa’s financial services.
• Guarantee that the M-Pesa financial services are aligned with the business context and vision.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills – Ability to ensure active communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Commercially astute and strategically oriented – solid understanding of market, competitor & Customer. Solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the M-Pesa portfolio; able to identify opportunities for M-Pesa and define and implement these opportunities into reality.
• Customer Centricity – Solid understanding of techniques necessary to correctly align the product offering to the customer’s needs.
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions.
• Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout all levels of the M-Pesa organization.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• University degree in Commercial or Information Technology related areas.
• A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a commercial/technology role within an innovation function with cross-functional exposure;
• Knowledge of Agile methodology will be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of the financial services and telecommunications industries will be an advantage.
• Strong planning and networking skills.
• Ability to draft product requirement documents and business cases.
Key performance indicators
● Timely delivery of agreed Financial Services product roadmap.
● New product usage OKRs relative to business case (unique users, number of transactions, revenue, etc.)
● Net Promoter Score leadership in the Mobile Money categories of: “range of products and services”, “ease of use of services on mobile”, “simple and easy”, “offers something different”, and “understands your needs”.