Community Development Specialist
16 agosto, 2022
The hiring for this position will be dependent on the Grant Approval.
- Facilitate training at the local/community level; Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the district level, including government and other NGOs and churches
- Lead community planning and mobilization in disaster-prone contexts; identify risks for effective project implementation and develop effective risk management and risk mitigation plans
- Work and interact with community-based structures and institutions
- Establish and maintain working frameworks for the implementation and evaluation of local outreach efforts.
- Work with Local Disaster Management Committees (LDMC) on disaster management and climate change adaptation
- Work with local community radio stations; planning and broadcasting disaster-related radio programs during emergencies
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care among all staff; encourage effective teamwork with staff members supporting each other
- Develop a good understanding of district development plans to ensure that WV’s plans are aligned with and complementing government plans
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- The candidate must have good writing/speaking skills in Portuguese and solid notions of English /speaking/writing.
- The candidate should possess good personal communication skills and collaborative working style.
- A committed Christian able to be above religious differences and attend weekly devotions.
- 3 years of experience in participatory planning, community mobilization in crisis and disaster management context.
- Education level: Degree in Public Administration, Planning and Development, Development Studies, Environmental Management, Anthropology, Sociology or related areas.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
locations: Nampula City, Mozambique