16 agosto, 2022
The hiring for this position is dependent on the approval of the Grant.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Education level: Degree in Humanitarian Sciences, Disaster Management, Environment, Agro-Meteorology or related areas.
- Two years of experience in Disaster Management and Environment (particularly Disaster Risk Reduction) and/or the relationship between Development and Disaster Management
- The candidate must have good writing/speaking skills in Portuguese and solid notions of English /speaking/writing.
- The candidate should possess good personal communication skills and collaborative working style.
- A committed Christian able to be above religious differences and attend weekly devotions.
- Facilitate training at the local/community level on CBDRM and climate change adaptation (CCA)
- Demonstrate oversight and strengthening of community disaster preparedness and response
- Conduct technical capacity assessments of partners and stakeholders (eg: Government, CBDRM, others) to determine their areas of strength and weakness and develop capacity development plans
- Lead the implementation of the Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) approach, Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) actions
- Support the LDMC with the development and/or updating of Community Disaster Preparedness Plans (DDPP)
- Assist the leadership in facilitating community practices in DRR/CR, including technical working groups and all employees in the various programs implemented by WV
- Coordinate with partner NGOs in programs/projects to reinforce planning, sharing of resources and consolidate cooperative missions for implementation and monitoring of plans/activities
- In emergency responses, provide guidance and direction on implementation of activities to ensure they are in accordance with key standards such as SPHERE
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Nampula City, Mozambique