12 setembro, 2022
Short Description/ Purpose of Job
The Senior Facilities Engineer is accountable for the management, output and assurance of the plant support engineering projects, studies and engineering technical support to the operating assets and development assets.
The Senior Facilities Engineer is accountable for the development of the engineering scope of projects for the Asses, Select, Define and Execute (detailed engineering) Phases through to construction, commissioning and successful start-up and handover to Operations. Senior Facilities Engineers have accountability for the methodology, quality plans and delivery of Facilities Engineering within the approved project cost and schedule. In addition the Senior Facilities Engineers also provide engineering technical support (trouble-shooting and, optimisation) to all operated assets globally. Within the team they provide specialist engineering skills, such as Process, Safety, Electrical, Instrumentation, Rotating Machinery, Subsea Architecture, Flow Assurance via engineering consultancy contracts or contracting in suitable personnel. The Senior Facilities Engineer is responsible for Engineering Management of the Contractor on projects from FEED Phase onwards and for appointing engineering resources on the Integrated Project Management Team (iPMT).
The Senior Facilities Engineer, (SFE), is responsible for the development of an integrated engineering quality plan for all Gas Sourcing and Operations (GSO) surface projects in accordance with the Integrated Exploration and Production Management System (IEPMS). The SFE will work as part of an integrated team with resources from Mozambique Gas Projects (MGP) for construction, commissioning, discipline specific, cost control and project management support. The SFE participates in GSO projects, from conceptual studies through front end and detailed engineering, to handover of documentation, successful start-up and the plant guarantee performance runs. The SFE is responsible for management of the technical definition, integrity, planning, cost and safe delivery of all engineering aspects for GSO projects. The SFE will contribute to the integration of expertise from a variety of engineering contracting and consultancy firms and MGP with the GSO team.
Small Onshore projects (Tier 4 and 5 projects) will be taken through all the project phases by the GSO Senior Facilities Engineers with resource and execution support from MGP while the Define and Execute phases of large onshore projects will be completed by MGP (Tier 1, 2, 3).
Recruitment Description/ Key Accountabilities
Delivery target achievement (production volume, projects, yield, availability):
- Meet individual targets and make appropriate adjustments
- Integration of technical activities, team members, stakeholders & interfaces with other disciplines
- Provide inputs and Support integrated engineering discipline plan
Quality results (product quality, service quality, customer satisfaction)
- Develop and entrench functional professional / technical / operational standards to systematically improve technical capabilities
- Manage scope of facilities, Obtain stakeholder agreement on scope changes and best solutions for changes.
- Provision of specialist engineering resources for the compilation of functionally reviewed and approved Scope of Service (i.e. contracting strategy, definition, bid evaluations, management) for all projects
- Ensure Technical track Quality Management (philosophy, facilitation & compilation of ETQP, agreed project engineering specifications, deviation management) is carried out on all projects
- Facilitate agreement of a quality plan per engineering discipline, including hold points for implementation for each IEPMS phase
- Ensure Technical track Risk Management (risk management strategy & philosophy, identification, analysis, preventative & corrective actions, reporting, etc.) is implemented for all projects
- Identify, quantify, assess and mitigate new technical risk factors
Cost / capital competitiveness:
- Meet all individual goals and produce a positive cumulative result
- Consistently improve facility productivity
- Ensure Engineering Execution Plan (EEP) (plan, review and integration engineering execution strategy with PEP, resources, etc.) is properly implemented for all projects
- Ensure agreement on EEP is achieved with all stakeholders for all projects
SHER target achievement:
- Promote and achieve SHER targets consistently and with dedication
- Meet individual targets and make appropriate adjustments
- Meet all sub-unit goals and produce a positive cumulative result
- Bachelor degree in Chemical, Electrical, mechanical or instrumentation Engineering discipline is required
- Post-graduate degree in an Engineering or Business discipline would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical management, engineering and operations
- Proven track record in project feasibility, front-end engineering design, detailed engineering design and project execution in the oil & gas business
- Proven track record in the development of conceptual design for exploration and production development projects, including the identification and definition of the phased investment programme required to fully exploit an oil or gas resource
- Experienced with working as a team together with other upstream oil & gas disciplines such as exploration, geology, petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering, well engineers and drilling.
- An understanding of the contributions and roles & responsibilities made by the other upstream oil & gas disciplines such as exploration, geology, petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering and drilling
- Experience in operations and maintenance of oil and gas production facilities
- In-depth knowledge of engineering codes and standards relevant to the E&P industry
- In-depth experience and track record of the management of engineering service providers (consultancies and engineering contractors)
- Proven track record in cost, schedule and quality control, including CAPEX and OPEX estimation
- Experience in working within partnership/JV operations
- Willingness to make international business trips and the ability to work overseas for extended periods
- General management, budgeting, planning, contracts, logistics and cost control skills
- Good understanding of asset processes and process/facility engineering
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good stakeholder relationship skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
City / Town: Temane
Closing Date: 21st September 2022