23 setembro, 2022
FAO Mozambique assists the government to develop policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition; to help the government develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use the environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires the integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, and managing natural resources; and enhance rural livelihoods
Under the general supervision of the Assistant of FAOR for Administrative and Finance, the Administration and Logistic Assistant will work under direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant for Security & Logistic and assist him/her.
The Administration and Logistic Assistant leads the management of the administration activities, including management of Staff and consultants travel, Staff documentation, FAO fleet insurance, office maintencance needs and recurrentment of supplies, update office assets lists in all relevant Organization Systems, office goods and services duly received physically and in the relevant systems, office assets inventory prepared and custodians updates, and coordinate the disposal of assets process.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Handle all FAO Representation and Projects travel Issues
- Use Amadeus selling platform to procure and buy the most economic and direct flights
- Follow up on re-issuing and change of tickets, whenever necessary
- Request ticket refunds and follow up the requests with the travel agency
- Twice a month deal with payment for travel tickets and reimbursement when necessary
- Request exemption from customs duties for the International staff and FAOR goods and services and all related clearance documents
- Request for local driving licenses, ID, visas and other legal documents for the international staff, visitors/consultants and local staff.
- Provide logistic assistance.
- Manage the Organization Vehicle Insurance portfolio (FAOR and Projects)
- Control and management of the fleet petrol consumption as well as reconciliation of the vendor statement of expenditures in a monthly basis
- Control and management of the fleet maintenance
- Control and management of the Car track portfolio
- Update in COIN information on vehicle logbooks and related data
- Manage/coordinate the work of the drivers: receive requests for transport from colleagues and assign drivers accordingly.
- Control and ensure maintenance of the offices whenever necessary in terms of: electricity, water, carpentry, sewerage systems, generator, furniture, air conditioning, office flag etc
- Liaise with the Office Cleaning company and the gardener
- Control and distribute stationery to staff as per requests
- Control and allocate other office supplies in the office: toiletries etc
- Liaise with the Cell Phone Company and control of all cell phone contracts under the Organization’s name. Request for new contracts, renewals, cancellations, distribution and safeguard of the returned cell phones
- Support the process of identification of obsolete items: for sale or donation
- Ensure the office provides good working conditions
- Manage the assents in COIN
- Update, disposal requests
- Prepare lists of inventory for each office at the FAOR
- Update the inventory lists every 6 months and submit the report to the AFAOR (Adm) and FAOR
- Annually conduct a physical verification of the assets at the FAOR and projects
- Prepare delivery report (DR) confirming the details of products received into warehouse(product description, unit, quantities, grants codes, prices);
- Confirm receipt of goods, works and services whether complete single delivered or partially delivered;
- Enter receipt in GRMS
- Complete Suppliers performance report and return to Local Procurement Unit (LPU);
- Manage storage/issuances of received items – in the stock/inventory management system;
- Maintain stores records to support end of financial year stock taking;
- Perform other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Mozambican Nationality
- Secondary education Diploma
- 2 years of relevant experience in Logistics.
- Full working knowledge of Portuguese and English languages;
- Practical knowledge of computing (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Closure Date: 06/Oct/2022, 4:59:00 PM